Definitely not an easy task this year, although possibly not as time-consuming as previous years. Typically we bundle up with my parents & freeze our tails off while hiking around the Ingraham Christmas Tree farm in search of the perfect tree. This year we drove up there, realized it was closed, stopped by another farm, realized they were too expensive, stopped at Home Depot, realized their trees sucked, & ended up at Hilltop Garden Shop, where I'm pretty sure impatience dictated the finding of our tree... which I do love. Even though the set-up included a lot of repositioning because the trunk is crooked. Isn't that always the way?
"The second thing at Christmas that's such a pain to me:
Rigging up the lights
And finding a Christmas tree"
I took this on during one of those unseasonably warm days after Thanksgiving in which I wore a sweatshirt & yoga pants & slipped off my shoes while sitting on the ground and stringing lights. It's not like we chose to go all out this year. Two strands of greenery with lights on the railings, three sets of three mini 2-foot Christmas trees lining the walk, & one 4-foot inflatable penguin. Of course, by the time all was said and done, one half of the railing decided not to work so I had to replace that, and we're pretty sure that the landscapers cut a wire on some of the mini trees during fall clean-up. That being said, the now 6 mini trees & new railing lights are fine. We do have half of a Christmas tree that sporadically flickers, but it just adds character as far as I'm concerned!Rigging up the lights
And finding a Christmas tree"
"The third thing at Christmas that's such a pain to me
Hangovers
Rigging up the lights
And finding a Christmas tree"
There is most definitely a lot of drinking & eating during the holidays. Note to self: postpone diet until January 2nd.Hangovers
Rigging up the lights
And finding a Christmas tree"
"The fourth thing at Christmas that's such a pain to meSending Christmas cards
Hangovers
Rigging up the lights
And finding a Christmas tree"
"The fifth thing at Christmas that's such a pain to me
Five months of bills!
Sending Christmas cards
Hangovers
Rigging up the lights
Five months of bills!
Sending Christmas cards
Hangovers
Rigging up the lights
And finding a Christmas tree"
Somehow we've done a pretty good job this year of saving money & not over-spending, but that doesn't mean we don't owe more money now than we did 2 months ago!
"The sixth thing at Christmas that's such a pain to me: Facing my in-laws
Five months of bills!
Oh, I hate those Christmas cards!
Hangovers
Rigging up these lights!
And finding a Christmas tree"
"The seventh thing at Christmas that's such a pain to me: The Salvation Army
Facing my in-laws
Five months of bills!
Sending Christmas cards
Oh, geez! I'm tryin' to rig up these lights!
And finding a Christmas tree"
"The eighth thing at Christmas that such a pain to me: I WANNA TRANSFORMER FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!
Charities,
And whataya mean "YOUR in-laws"?!?
Five months of bills!
Oh, making out these cards
Honey, get me a beer, huh?
What, we have no extension cords?!? And finding a Christmas tree"
"The ninth thing at Christmas that's such a pain to me
Finding parking spaces
DADDY, I WANT SOME CANDY!!!!
Donations!
Facing my in-laws
Five months of bills!
Writing out those Christmas cards
Hangovers!
Now why the hell are they blinking?!?!?
And finding a Christmas tree"
What about Christmas time makes people turn into psycho drivers? I've never seen so many near-accidents, so many angry drivers, so much road rage, so many people FIGHTING over parking spaces - PARKING SPACES! I'm not going to lie - I'm all about getting as close as possible because, let's face it, it's freaking cold out there, but I will NOT argue with someone over a section of asphalt. Life's too short people!Finding parking spaces
DADDY, I WANT SOME CANDY!!!!
Donations!
Facing my in-laws
Five months of bills!
Writing out those Christmas cards
Hangovers!
Now why the hell are they blinking?!?!?
And finding a Christmas tree"
"The tenth thing at Christmas that's such a pain to me:
"Batteries Not Included"
No parking spaces
BUY ME SOMETHIN'!!!
Get a job, ya bum!
Oh, facing my in-laws!
Five months of bills!
Yo-ho, sending Christmas cards
Oh, geez, look at this! One light goes out, they ALL go out!!!
And finding a Christmas tree"
This is something to look forward to in the future when we have children, isn't it? Thank God for BJ's."Batteries Not Included"
No parking spaces
BUY ME SOMETHIN'!!!
Get a job, ya bum!
Oh, facing my in-laws!
Five months of bills!
Yo-ho, sending Christmas cards
Oh, geez, look at this! One light goes out, they ALL go out!!!
And finding a Christmas tree"
"The eleventh thing of Christmas that's such a pain to me: Stale TV specials
"Batteries Not Included"
No parking spaces
DAD, I GOTTA GO TA BATHROOM!!
Charities!
She's a witch...I hate her!
Five months of bills!
Oh, I don't even KNOW half these people!
Oh, who's got the toilet paper, huh?
Get a flashlight...I blew a fuse!!
And finding a Christmas tree"
Oh, I'm not even going to lie. The pain of the Christmas specials is that my DVR only allows me to record two at once, and so there's at least one entire channel at all times that I have to avoid and that means I'm missing important Christmas movies - my favorite.
"The twelfth thing of Christmas that's such a pain to me:
Singing Christmas carols
Stale TV specials
"Batteries Not Included"
No parking?!?
WAAAAAAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAAAH!
Charities!
Gotta make 'em dinner!
Five months of bills!
I'm not sendin' them this year, that's it!
Shut up, you!
FINE! YOU'RE SO SMART, YOU RIG UP THE LIGHTS!!!
And finding a Christmas tree "
Oh, how I love Christmas time!:)

No comments:
Post a Comment