Monday, March 1, 2010

Ladies in Red

Tonight we went to try on bridesmaid dresses. I'm trying my hardest to not be a Bridezilla. I want my girls to be comfortable & beautiful & not have to break the bank to do it. My only requirements for them was that they all wear the same dress, that I like it, & that if it's short, they all wear the same shoes as well. On top of that, I had some color opinions... but I'm trying to sort of let them decide on their own. Tonight Marissa drove up from Rhode Island to meet with us at David's Bridal, & she & J picked out every dress they remotely liked (and some they didn't). I had them try them all on to see what they thought of each. In the end, this is the one that they both loved & that they looked fabulous in. Now to make sure the other bridesmaids look as beautiful! :) I love the skirt & how flattering the dress is on their bodies. We decided to get rid of the boring red sash & instead, try a white ribbon.
I love the pick-me-up skirt & the simple elegance of the dress. Originally, J & Cole had really liked some shorter dresses, but I'm glad (so far) they've changed their mind to this dress. I think it's beautiful. To be honest, if I had gone to the store & picked out their bridesmaid dresses without giving them a say in it, this is what I would have picked.
I can't wait for Cole to get home from San Francisco so I can take her to try it on!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this one!!!!!!! The back is sooooo pretty. And longer is better. Having to coordinate everyone's shoes for my friend's wedding was a pain. You think it'd be easy. But it was not.

    ReplyDelete